When I sign in online not all my vaults are there

Options
dserrone
dserrone
Community Member

I've been a 1password user for years and have always had little trouble with it. Through the different iterations of the app it seems that i have acquired three different vaults. These vaults show up on my iMac running High sierra OS 10.13 and my Macbook pro running El Captain OS 10.11. But when I go to my account via safari browser and sign in only 32 items show up and only one vault. Why? And how do I merge all these vaults so I will have everything on my iPhone and iPad?

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: OS10.13 and OS 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• dserrone
    dserrone
    Community Member
    Options

I think I fixed it I had a vault labeled primary on all my devices that had the majority of my data. That folder never appears in my account when I sign in via Safari browser. So I opened the 1PW app select all from the Primary vault and moved it all to the vault labeled Personal and BINGO they all show up in my account now. My new question is How do I delete that vault from my app on my devices since it doesn't show up in my account online?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dserrone -- What you're experiencing sounds as if you had a local vault (by default called Primary), like all users of 1Password have, prior to the introduction of 1password.com accounts. If you've since created an account at 1password.com, you'll have a vault called Personal, which is the equivalent vault but on 1password.com instead of locally created. Moving your data from Primary to Personal makes it available on every device on which you're signed into your 1password.com account, in either a browser or a 1Password application. Let us know if you have any questions or troubles. Cheers! :)

• dserrone
    dserrone
    Community Member
    Options

I've got!! I've deleted the primary vault and eliminated syncing with dropbox. Had a new emergency kit created and then resigned in and all is well with all devices Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're quite welcome, @dserrone! Glad to hear everything's working well now. :)

This discussion has been closed.