Problem with Download from Apple Store.

1NoahTN
1NoahTN
Community Member

I have version 6.8.3 (683004) of 1PW on my iMac, version 10.13. I purchased my copy of 1PW from the Apple Store in 2014. I am also using the same version of 1PW on my iPhone 6SE, iOS version 11.0.3. I am trying to install the 1PW app from the Apple Store to an iPad Pro using version iOS 11.0.3 (15A432) The 1PW app seems to download and install with out any problems , however the login files I have installed on the Mac and the iPhone will not transfer to the 1PW app on the iPad using the sync capabilities when a cable is connected between the computer and the iPad. The screens of 1 PW seem to be normal however the login capability does not work. Any help on this problem will be appreciated.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.7.3 (683004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Problem with Download from Apple Store.

Comments

• Hi @1NoahTN,

Sorry for the trouble. You’re right: 1Password does not / cannot sync over a cable. To see what sync options are available please check out this guide:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps! Thanks.

Ben

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

Ben Thanks for your help. On first past using the info in the link you gave me the transfer of data did not work. All the screens look OK except when I tap the categories button on the left side of the iPad the Logins category appears in the middle of the left column and do not populate the data. I am deleting the downloaded copy of 1PW that was just installed and doing a restart of the iPad. After that I will try again. This is the first time I have had any trouble with syncing with iCloud so I assume that portion of the sync is working OK. The commands show in the instructions did not follow exactly with the link. I will be more specific if the reinstall doesn't work.
    Thanks,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@1NoahTN

This is the first time I have had any trouble with syncing with iCloud so I assume that portion of the sync is working OK

I would not necessarily assume anything at this point, although I think the steps you say you're taking are good. The problem with 3rd party sync options like iCloud or Dropbox -- as awesome as they can be when they're working the way they're supposed to (which, to be fair, is a pretty good percentage of the time) -- is that when they DO fail, we don't have much visibility into anything except what is going on within 1Password itself; we have to use only the public APIs given to us by Dropbox or (in the case of iCloud specifically) we have to rely upon the sync magic provided by what is essentially an opaque process.

It's why we recommend our own 1password.com memberships for the vast majority of users. If you'd like to try out a 1Password account, there's a 30 day free trial available at the main 1Password sign-up page. :)

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member

The problem was not solved. I reinstalled the app from the Apple store and the install seemed to go ok. I followed the instruction in the link sent by Ben (above) using the IOS path but the instruction shown were not the same as what I saw on my iPad. A message on the iPad indicated that the iCloud data was found and the sync process started automatically but the Logins data was not populated.
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@1NoahTN: It sounds like you were able to sync, but you don't have the data there that you thought you did. Is that correct? If so, you probably aren't signed into the correct iCloud account on one of the devices, or haven't sync'd your 1Password data with iCloud originally. Please follow the steps in this guide, as it will help you narrow down the problem:

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

I'm not sure what you're referring to here though:

the instruction shown were not the same as what I saw on my iPad. A message on the iPad indicated that the iCloud data was found and the sync process started

Could you be more specific and clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.