I have duplicate logins in my vault, how do I identify and delete all of them?

charlie_confused
charlie_confused
Community Member

I have duplicate login items in my vault, how can I identify and delete all of them automatically please? I'm using iPad app and just moved from one off fee version to subscription trial account.

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have duplicate logins in my vault, how do I identify and delete all of them? I'm using iPad app.

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @charlie_confused :)
    Is your old Primary vault, the one you used before moving to the subscription account, still on your phone? If it is, that could explain the duplicate entires.

You can delete your old Primary vault by tapping Settings > Vaults > Primary. Then tap Delete Vault.

Hope that helps. :)

• charlie_confused
    charlie_confused
    Community Member

Thanks Corey_C
    Yes, the old Primary vault is still there, but it's empty as everything moved to the new vault.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@charlie_confused You should delete the old Primary vault anyways as I have outlined above as having it stay there will only complicate things with your account. As far as I'm aware, migration doesn't so much move everything from the Primary vault to the subscription vault as it does copy it, so having it stick around could cause duplicates to appear. I could be wrong on that so don't quote me, but deleting the Primary vault and seeing if it fixes the problem is still worth a shot.

Otherwise, identifying and deleting duplicates would be easier on a desktop version of 1Password rather than the iOS version, as the desktop versions have a "duplicate password" category that will highlight all entries that use the same password as another entry. You could go through that and delete the duplicates.

Cheers. :)

• charlie_confused
    charlie_confused
    Community Member

Yes, the old Primary vault is still there, but it's empty as everything moved to the new vault.

• charlie_confused
    charlie_confused
    Community Member

I have deleted the old Primary vault, but it didn't clear the duplicates so I've manually deleted them. Thanks for your help.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

My pleasure @charlie_confused. Glad to hear you have it all taken care of. Let me know if there is anything else I can do. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like Corey_C was able to help out, but be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

• MarkWhite
    MarkWhite
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

I have just moved from 1Password on my Mac to the single user subscription account. I have the same problem that all my information is repeated. How do I delete the Primary Vault with 1Password6. Is the Remove Local Copy anything to do with this?

• MarkWhite
    MarkWhite
    Community Member

I have just moved from 1Password on my Mac to the single user subscription account. I have the same problem that all my information is repeated. How do I delete the Primary Vault with 1Password6

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I have just moved from 1Password on my Mac to the single user subscription account. I have the same problem that all my information is repeated. How do I delete the Primary Vault with 1Password6.

@MarkWhite: If you have all of your data in your 1Password.com account (please confirm this by signing into the website: https://start.1password.com/vaults/all ), you can remove the Primary vault under 1Password Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete.

Is the Remove Local Copy anything to do with this?

"Remove local copy" will delete a downloaded Document from your device (it will still be in your account though.

• MarkWhite
    MarkWhite
    Community Member

brenty - With the exception of one document which is still uploading to the 1Password.com account, all seems in order.

However I am at a loss on how to complete the instruction 1Password Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete

I can go to Vault Preferences and untick Primary as an included vault but I haven't as yet identified how to delete as stated.

• Those instructions are for iOS. On Mac to remove your old Primary vault, choose 1Password menu > Switch to Vault > Primary. Then choose 1Password menu > Delete Vault. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• MarkWhite
    MarkWhite
    Community Member

Thanks

• You’re welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.