Security Check Feature [Security Audit is available in 1Password 6.8 betas right now]

Options
CoffeeNeededNow
CoffeeNeededNow
Community Member
edited October 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm giving 1password a try since I didn't like Lastpass. So far, I like the options to separate it by vaults and the interface is worlds better than Lastpass. But a feature I'm not finding is a tool to do a security check on the passwords I have. Before using a password manager, I admit that there are some passwords that were duplicated. It would be really helpful if there was something that can be run to check that passwords are not duplicated or considered not secure.

I'd also like an option to add a new vault directly from the Windows app. It seems I can do this in the browser or through the iPhone app, but not Windows. :(

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @CoffeeNeededNow,

Thanks for writing in.

We have that feature, it's called Security Audit and it is coming soon, it is available in 1Password 6.8 betas right now for Windows. Here's what it looks like in the latest beta version:

I don't have a timeframe on when 6.8 is coming but it shouldn't be too long.

This is available in the macOS version of 1Password if you have it and we'd like to make it available on iOS and Android platforms as well.

I'd also like an option to add a new vault directly from the Windows app.

It is in the plans but for the moment, this is normally a 1Password web site feature. The iOS and macOS apps are doing a web view to log you into the website and show the new vault to you in a separate window.

• david_publo
    david_publo
    Community Member
    Options

Any new information about that? We are testing 1password as a company and all of us are using windows. Without an easy security check for weak, dublicate or old passwords I think it is impossible to convience our CEO to pay money for it.

• Hi @david_publo,

Thanks for writing in.

We do understand and we're working as fast as we can to get this feature out in a stable update but we don't have an ETA on when it'll happen. Usually, when it is in the beta update, it will be in the next stable update.

If there is anything else we can do to improve 1Password for you and/or your company, please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.