In the worst case scenario

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited October 2017 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I still have a copy of 1Password 3.9. With so much of it retired, Dropbox being unable to sync, local Vaults in the Dropbox folder. What if I need to get things working but I don't right now but just for testing.

Most if not all my items are likely out of date.

Eventually not just 1Password 2 to 4 but all versions will at some point be retired.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Since 1Password 3 doesn't sync data with Dropbox itself (it just stores it in the Dropbox folder, and the Dropbox client syncs everything there) I'm not sure why you couldn't use Dropbox there. Granted, I wouldn't recommend using 1Password 3 at all since it isn't compatible with data from the newer apps. Did you have a question about something?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brent. I was concerned of what would happen in case of being cut off from the Internet or being offline for an extended period. I am supposed to wean myself from the PC and phones etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you have your 1Password data on a device, it will still be there unless you remove it, so that won't be an issue. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Thanks and apologies for any confusion :)

All these subscription matters. For example Evernote unless, it is saved, is online first. That is what I remember anyway. Adobe with their new Lightroom 7 Creative Cloud is working towards being online first also...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. With 1Password.com the server is the "source of truth", but we all depend on being able to access our important data offline too. :)

This discussion has been closed.