To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Password for Password Mini different from App on computer

Options
traumarn
traumarn
Community Member

I started with the older One Password several years ago just on my macbook air. A few months ago I started a family account with one personal vault and one shared vault. During the setup I had to create a new password. After setting up whenever I opened the browser on my macbook I received a One Password prompt asking me to verify the computer or some such message. The new password worked on every device. Everything was syncing fine on my macbook air, iPhone and iPad. Now the prompt when I open my browser is no longer happening and the log in for password Mini and my iPhone are still the new password but the App on my macbook has reverted back to the old password and it doesn't seem to be syncing with new passwords I add from Password Mini or my phone. One Password on the iPhone is syncing through iCloud but I can't find any info on the One Password app on my computer about syncing or can I determine from the help docs how to get back to receiving the prompts when I open my browser, if it's even the cause. I don't have a lot of computer savvy so a non technical explanation/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@traumarn: 1Password mini is 1Password, so it's likely that you simply have multiple copies hanging around, and a different one to the main 1Password window is what you've got running in the background connected to the browser.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is going on on your system:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#FLE-56961-481]

If you’re reading this and you are not traumarn, this Support ID is for *traumarn** only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: FLE-56961-481

This discussion has been closed.