Working with vaults for a family plan

Options
seemajdaniel
seemajdaniel
Community Member

I have purchased a family plan. I have already been using 1Password and have added my passwords to the account. They all get saved in the Private Vault. Now I want to add my husband and make a private vault for him. When I login, I see my husband a family member, but he only has access to a shared vault. At what point does his private vault get created?

Also, I am using the Chrome extension to login and access my 1Password account. How can my husband switch to his account when he uses the computer and the Chrome extensions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have purchased a family plan. I have already been using 1Password and have added my passwords to the account. They all get saved in the Private Vault. Now I want to add my husband and make a private vault for him. When I login, I see my husband a family member, but he only has access to a shared vault. At what point does his private vault get created?

@seemajdaniel: Your husband (and each other family member you invite) will have his own Personal/Private vault which only he can access, so that won't show up for you. You can create additional vaults and share them with one, all, or none of your family members.

Also, I am using the Chrome extension to login and access my 1Password account. How can my husband switch to his account when he uses the computer and the Chrome extensions?

1Password is a single user app. macOS (and Windows) has multi-user support built in, so you can create a user account for him not the computer and he can have his own 1Password (and browser, etc.) setup. Cheers! :)

• seemajdaniel
    seemajdaniel
    Community Member
    Options

Got it! Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! We're here if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.