Bug: Cannot edit Identity without an address "object"

wimvmourik
wimvmourik
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Families

Hi there,

Today I moved an Identity from one vault to another and wanted to edit it there, through the browser.
I noticed I could edit the top fields but nothing much lower in the identity. When I would try to save, I would see an html popup with the text:

Failed to save item:
Cannot read property 'value' of null

So I tried it again with the Chrome devtools console open, and there I see this appear when starting to edit the Identity:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'country' of undefined at f.getFormattedAddress (app-071be3d4027c7d69795c.min.js:1439) at f.render (app-071be3d4027c7d69795c.min.js:1440) at k._renderValidatedComponentWithoutOwnerOrContext (vendor-e5a60b84a4585d6c4fc0.min.js:208) at k._renderValidatedComponent (vendor-e5a60b84a4585d6c4fc0.min.js:208) at k.performInitialMount (vendor-e5a60b84a4585d6c4fc0.min.js:200) at k.mountComponent (vendor-e5a60b84a4585d6c4fc0.min.js:198) at Object.mountComponent (vendor-e5a60b84a4585d6c4fc0.min.js:105) at u.mountChildren (vendor-e5a60b84a4585d6c4fc0.min.js:184) at u._createInitialChildren (vendor-e5a60b84a4585d6c4fc0.min.js:145) at u.mountComponent (vendor-e5a60b84a4585d6c4fc0.min.js:142)

This seems weird, because I don't see an Address object in the Identity, which Country is a part of, through the browser.
So I then edited the Identity in Android, where I can see Address, and set the country field value from 'Unknown' to 'Afghanistan'.
Presto, after syncing I could also edit and save the Identity from the browser again.

I noticed this error did not show for a different Identity which still has an address object show when editing it from the browser, even though I hadn't selected a country value there as well.
Looking at the html, the country would be:
<option value="" disabled="">country</option>

So I am guessing the value isn't a concern, but the existence is.
I am not sure when or how I removed the Address object from the Identity; it could have been with the standalone Windows or OSX tool.
I like to remove all the fields I don't need because that saves on scrolling time.

Anyway, could you please do something about the apparent necessity to have an Address or Country item in the browser?
Thank you.
Kind regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wimvmourik: It sounds like you're using the 1Password.com web interface. Is that correct? If so, can you tell us the browser version you're using? You cannot remove default template fields, so having an unused country field isn't the problem I don't think. Thanks in advance!

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

I used the 1Password web interface to edit the Identity, where I saw the error, that is true. Using the latest Firefox (v56 I believe).

I can delete so called default template fields and perhaps I have another hint for how: I think it's based on the language.
    I don't remember how I created a few Identities I see in 1Password standalone for the Mac (guessing my Windows machine), but I see the language for the fields is different.
    For an english Identity I cannot delete field: 'Address', as you said.
    However, for a dutch Identity, I can delete field: 'Adres'.
    Please see the screenshot.

Kind regards

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the screenshot, @wimvmourik -- this does indeed look like a bug. We'll need to investigate it a bit further, but this wouldn't be the first time that a combination of a different language localization combined with re-arranged address fields (compared to US/Canadian addresses) resulted in an error. Would you be willing to do us a favor and create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/83508/bug-cannot-edit-identity-without-an-address-object#latest
    • Your forum username: @wimvmourik

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the title fieldPlease post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

Hi @Lars and @brenty,

Allright, I have done so.
    The id I got back was: #EWZ-92495-259

Mind you, perhaps I didn't make the Identity on my Mac, so perhaps a diagnostics report from my Windows machine is also necessary, but I don't have access to that machine very often, so that will take a few days. Let me know if that would even be required.

Kind regards

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@wimvmourik -- thanks for sending in the diagnostics report; myself or one of my colleagues will be with you shortly.

ref: EWZ-92495-259

This discussion has been closed.