Chrome Extension Does Not Recognize URLs

Options

I am using 1Password 6.7.457 through my Family account with a work specific vault so that I don't put my personal passwords on my work PC (Macs at home). I am using Windows 10 with Chrome for websites and internal company web applications. On certain application URLs (most of them), 1Password does not recognize the address and offer the login credentials. So, I have to search for it to auto fill. Has anybody experienced this on the new version? Is there a fix?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Build 1703
Sync Type: 1Password Family Acct

Comments

• @azmurph: Do you use shortened URLs or to access the internal web applications, by chance? I have seen at least one other case with a URL recognition problem with shortened URLs in Login items. What happens here is that 1Password reads the actual URL on the page and interprets this as not matching.

• azmurph
    azmurph
    Community Member
    Options

I don’t believe they are shortened. Here is an example of a URL for internal Citrix login. I’ve tried replacing the web URL in the 1Password item to be only the primary address, as well as the whole string, and even both. No luck.

http://dks-ctx-wk01/Citrix/XenApp/auth/login.aspx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azmurph: Ah, sorry for the confusion. There is no TLD in that "URL". 1Password matches by domain name, using the ICANN list. We'd like to support arbitrary hostnames and IPs in the future though. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPW6-954

• azmurph
    azmurph
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I can’t use it at work. That’s too bad.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azmurph: Please stay tuned for our future updates. 1Password for Windows will only get better! :)

• azmurph
    azmurph
    Community Member
    Options

Will do. Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azmurph: :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.