1password became no response after input the master password and then it always says wrong password

Msk86
Msk86
Community Member

It happened lots of times:
1. open 1 password
2. input the master password then hit enter
3. the animation performs but the main app cannot be open and won't be open
4. if I close 1 password and reopen it, it always says wrong password
5. have to restart my mac to get it work again

It was very annoying, could you please fix it?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

the animation performs but the main app cannot be open and won't be open

@Msk86: What do you mean?

have to restart my mac to get it work again

Do you maybe have multiple copies of 1Password installed? Do a Spotlight search and let me know what you find.

• Msk86
    Msk86
    Community Member

Only 1 copy installed.

No matter if I use the app or the extension, after I input master pwd and hit enter, the app stays at this stage forever.

It happened 3-4 times in this month.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Msk86: Thanks for clarifying. Drag the app to the Trash, restart your Mac, and then install the current version (you're behind):

https://1password.com/downloads/

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to immediately generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#UAA-32949-952]

If you’re reading this and you are not Msk86, this Support ID is for Msk86 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: UAA-32949-952

• Msk86
    Msk86
    Community Member

Thanks! Will do!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Msk86 - you're quite welcome -- and I hope brenty's re-install suggestion worked well for you; let us know if not. :)

This discussion has been closed.