Sync vault file with 1Password for Teams

Options

I formerly used 1Password for Mac -- the standalone version -- and I had several vaults which I synced using Dropbox. I then upgraded to 1Password for Teams. Now I have transitioned to a new Mac with a fresh OS install. 1Password for Teams works fine, but I have found an old vault file on Dropbox that I would like to import. I know the password for this file, but I don't see any way to import the file.

I have already tried the procedure at https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/. This doesn't work at all. All I have is the vault file itself. I do not have a Mac that is presently configured to open that vault file; I would like to import the entries from that file into my account. What is the procedure to do this?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:migrate existing vault file

Comments

• @stevenarnold002: If you have a PC in the mix, you can import your vault file directly there following the PC instructions in the link you referenced. If you've only got a Mac, here's what you'll need to do:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Preferences and click Advanced.
    3. Enable “Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts”. This will create a Primary vault for you.
    4. Sync that vault with your vault file on Dropbox.
    5. Stop here if you'd like to continue syncing that vault via Dropbox -OR- Copy those items to the proper vault in your Team account.
    6. If you copied items to your Team account, delete your Primary Vault: Choose 1Password menu > Switch to Vault > Primary, then choose 1Password menu Delete Vault ...

After this, you should be all set, but let us know if you have questions along the way. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.