CNTL \ - not working

Steve_Stevens
Steve_Stevens
Community Member

I tried this function a couple of times and it doesn't autofill like it does on the Window's version

1Password Version: ?
Extension Version: 0.9.5
OS Version: 61.0.3163.123
Sync Type: Chrome OS

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Steve_Stevens,

Welcome to our Support Forum, it's great to have you! :)

Unfortunately, for all of us, Chrome doesn't support the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + \ to activate browser extensions. We are only able to do this when we have a 1Password native application installed (like on your Windows computer) due to the 1Password app capturing the keyboard shortcut instead of your browser. Currently, in 1Password for Chrome, we use Ctrl + . as our default keyboard shortcut, but you can change this from the settings page. To access the settings page, right-click the 1Password logo in Chrome and select options.

Google Chrome allows the following keys to be used:

A-Z, 0-9, Comma, Period, Home, End, PageUp, PageDown, Space, Insert, Delete, Arrow keys (Up, Down, Left, Right) and the Media Keys (MediaNextTrack, MediaPlayPause, MediaPrevTrack, MediaStop).

All key combinations must include either Ctrl, Alt, Cmd (on Mac). Shift can be used in addition to Alt or Ctrl, but is not required.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any issues getting a keyboard shortcut configured.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.