use dropbox. 6 devices. 100s of PWs dropped to 16 this am on 2 devices. terrified to open others!!

Options
danlfly1
danlfly1
Community Member

i have 6 apple devices with hundreds of passwords. Sync on dropbox. Opened on OS X and it worked, but the website I visited (a bank) needed cookie access so I made them available in safari. Next thing I know, most of my passwords were gone. I immediately put my phone on airplane mode and checked it; everything still there. Tried another computer and it did the same thing. I CAN'T lose all my passwords. What should I do? Take the folder out of dropbox? How to stop this annihilation of my data??? Dan Weinberg

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:use dropbox. 6 devices. 100s of PWs dropped to 16 this am on 2 devices. terrified to open others!!

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @danlfly1 :)
    Well that's rather strange. Fortunately 1Password makes backups just for such an occasion. You should be able to restore from one of those backups and get all of the missing items back.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, you said your phone has the proper data still on it, right? In that case, you could reset your Dropbox data using the data on your phone as a basis. I would try the restoring backups method first, though.

Hope that helps. :)

• danlfly1
    danlfly1
    Community Member
    Options

could you tell me how? I'm afraid to open 1password on my phone while connected to the net forbear of losing everything. I did take the 1password folder out of dropbox so i don't know if that will stop the problem. No idea how to find or restore a backup. Thanks

• danlfly1
    danlfly1
    Community Member
    Options

restoring the backups worked. THANKS. but resetting the cloud part of this bothers me. The instructions from your troubleshooting instructions above for using IOS for disabling dropbox sync, for example, don't match what actually comes up on my phone or mac. leaves me a bit nervous. Can I just delete the folder in dropbox and start all over again? Seems that would be simple.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@danlfly1
    Great to hear that restoring from the backup worked. :+1: Since it did, you shouldn't need to reset your dropbox data as the restored data should sync normally. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The instructions from your troubleshooting instructions above for using IOS for disabling dropbox sync, for example, don't match what actually comes up on my phone or mac.

@danlfly1: Can you be more specific?

leaves me a bit nervous. Can I just delete the folder in dropbox and start all over again? Seems that would be simple.

I wouldn't encourage you to do that, as "sync" isn't a backup: data you delete may be sync'd by Dropbox as well, removing it from your other devices too.

Just to be clear, we here at AgileBits (and 1Password itself) have no control over Dropbox. That's what handles the syncing. I'd encourage you to get in touch with them if you continue having strange issues with that.

This discussion has been closed.