1Password (mini) hanging

shannonp
shannonp
Community Member

Hi. Ever since upgrading to 10.13 (and issue continues in 10.13.1) 1Password mini periodically hangs. It usually occurs when I fill usernames/passwords from within a web browser (CMD + ). If I restart the Mac everything is fine then randomly when I try to fill mini hangs. Usually after 5 mins or so mini will suddenly appear asking for the 1password (or TouchID), mini will continue to work then I'll randomly get the issue again. This can occur several times a day.

While mini is in a hang state I move my mouse over the menu bar icon and I get the spinning ball. If I open the 1Password app I get a small dialog saying it's connecting to mini, that usually then times out and I get a "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" dialog.

Issue is independent of the browser, ie Chrome or Safari.

Thanks,
Shannon

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @shannonp! Sorry it's under less-than-ideal circumstances. The first thing I'd check if I were you are the steps found here. There's a few reasons why such a thing might be happening, but that's the starting point. If none of that works or is applicable to your situation, let us know.

• shannonp
    shannonp
    Community Member

Hi Lars. Thanks for the response. I can confirm that

• my copy of 1Password is not from the Mac App Store
    • 1Password is in the Applications folders
    • restarting resolves the issue temporarily, it comes back after an hour or 2
    • only 1 copy of 1Password exists

Thanks,
    Shannon

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@shannonp - it sounds as if something's interfering with the communication between 1Password and the mini. Do you have any proxy software installed, or antivirus? Anything that might interfere with local connections?

ref: SMM-96794-113

• shannonp
    shannonp
    Community Member

Hi. There are no proxies set nor do I have any antivirus applications installed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@shannonp: Thanks for letting us know. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com
    Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: SMM-96794-113

• shannonp
    shannonp
    Community Member

Hi brenty. I have just emailed the diagnostic report.

Thanks,
    Shannon

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@shannonp: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

This discussion has been closed.