How can I control the number of recent items in Favorites? [Setting available in 7.0.1]

Options
netguden
netguden
Community Member
edited November 2017 in iOS

Last update

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Where can I remove so I do not see the last 3 recent items in favorites. It is very annoying!!

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi @netguden,

You can’t. But we appreciate the feedback. I can’t make any promises but we will take the suggestion into consideration.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: OPI-4175

• netguden
    netguden
    Community Member
    Options

it ruins 1 password for me. faverite is something you decide on yourself..

• netguden
    netguden
    Community Member
    Options

If you absolutely want recent, can you not show it at the bottom and not at the top..

• Ben
    Options

I’m sorry to hear that @netguden.

If you absolutely want recent, can you not show it at the bottom and not at the top..

Again I can’t make any promises but we can certainly take that possibility into consideration.

Ben

• netguden
    netguden
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, Recent and favorites are two different things...

• Ben
    Options

Thanks again for the feedback. :)

Ben

• shovland42
    shovland42
    Community Member
    Options

I came here looking for the answer to this exact question. +1 vote for no recents on the favorite menu (especially at the top).

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to write in, @shovland42. :)

Ben

• zakatax_tacos
    zakatax_tacos
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, Thank you for responding. I appreciate that you are here and letting us know that our voices are heard.

I appreciate the work done to improve this area of the app but agree with the others. This change brought me here today looking for a fix to the display of these new "recent" favorites.

I expect that this feature went through quite a lot of discussion and development and want to respect that because I like this product. I have my family using it and I know that this is going to confuse and frustrate them (and I don't want my family disliking 1Password because then they won't use it). I might have found a work-around by using the "Organize" section and making a special "Favorites" tag... this is kludgy.

Again, thank you for being here and responding.

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome, @zakatax_tacos, and thank you for taking the time to write in with your feedback. I’ll certainly be sharing it, as well as what others have said, with the development team.

Ben

• khoi
    khoi
    Community Member
    Options

There are certain items that I never want to show up in the new "most recents" list in the favorites tab. Is that possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:most recent

• Ben
    Options

@khoi

It is not, currently. But we appreciate the feedback! :)

Ben

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I don't mind the Recents feature, although it would be nice if it could be separated from Favorites somehow.

At first I thought my 1P data or app had somehow been corrupted, because there were (what appeared to be) favorites that couldn't be deleted! Plus I had no idea what that little clock icon meant...

Can I assume that this 'Recents' will eventually make its way to the next version (7?) of the macOS version of the app?

• Ben
    Options

@Mr. Laser Beam

I can’t speak for the other platforms yet.

Personally I agree... I’d prefer to see the recently used items at the top of the All Items list.

Ben

• karlshea
    karlshea
    Community Member
    Options

For me this feature is unwanted, could there be a way to disable it?

1Password Version: 7,9
    OS Version: iOS 11.1

• Ben
    Options

Hi @karlshea

I’ve merged your question with another thread on the same subject. Please see above. :)

Ben

• karlshea
    karlshea
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Looks like you guys don't use your own product enough? Either that or you don't demo it to your parents if you get my meaning.

I've got over 500 sites saved in my vault, that doesn't mean I want some of them front and center in my favorites when I'm trying to get my bank account number.

Honestly this is an unwanted disclosure of data for "shoulder surfers" for the same reason that you use bullets for password fields. It's ridiculous that there isn't a way to disable this feature, or even clear the list.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Looks like you guys don't use your own product enough? Either that or you don't demo it to your parents if you get my meaning.

@karlshea: Not sure what you're trying to say about my parents here... :tongue:

I've got over 500 sites saved in my vault, that doesn't mean I want some of them front and center in my favorites when I'm trying to get my bank account number.

Thanks for letting us know. It's something we'll take into account along with the rest of the feedback!

Honestly this is an unwanted disclosure of data for "shoulder surfers" for the same reason that you use bullets for password fields. It's ridiculous that there isn't a way to disable this feature, or even clear the list.

Okay, you lost me here. Why are you letting people view your 1Password data at all, regardless of whether there are recent items in addition to favorites or not? The whole point of 1Password is that everything in the app is secure and not displayed in any form until you unlock it. At that point, I think it's a reasonable assumption that 1Password should show you stuff in your vault(s). We can discuss personal preferences, and I can see it both ways, but portraying this as a security issue is a bit silly, especially with plenty of legitimate security concerns to discuss nowadays. :unamused:

• karlshea
    karlshea
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Okay, you lost me here. Why are you letting people view your 1Password data at all, regardless of whether there are recent items in addition to favorites or not? The whole point of 1Password is that everything in the app is secure and not displayed in any form until you unlock it. At that point, I think it's a reasonable assumption that 1Password should show you stuff in your vault(s). We can discuss personal preferences, and I can see it both ways, but portraying this as a security issue is a bit silly, especially with plenty of legitimate security concerns to discuss nowadays. :unamused:

If that's true you should remove bullets on password fields and always show the text.

But you don't, you have a "conceal passwords" option because obviously sometimes there are other people around when you're interacting with your vault.

I honestly see no difference, at all, in this case. Some of the saved accounts don't need to be popping up on the favorites screen.

Before, there was no reason for me to be worried about who was looking at my phone (and now probably computer screen in the future) when I unlocked my vault, and now with this feature that's no longer the case.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@karlshea: You raise some excellent points. I agree it's similar: the dots are equally silly! This is more a historical artifact than anything else, since strong passwords cannot even be displayed in most cases (due to length), and certainly not read an memorized by someone nosy.

I'm not sure that you need to be "worried" about this, but I appreciate you sharing your perspective. It's certainly something we'll consider as we continue to develop favorites and recent items UI. :)

• andreaslambert
    andreaslambert
    Community Member
    Options

Same here - please remove that feature or at least a switch to turn it on or off.
    Thank you!

• bruce_menzel
    bruce_menzel
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hello, same comment as others on this string...please remove or make this feature (recents on the favorites list) optional. Or, at the very least, move the recents to the bottom of the favorites list rather than the top of the list. Thanks!

• Furzul
    Furzul
    Community Member
    Options

Totaly agree with this. Favourites should be what I decide.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, folks! We'll continue to weigh it along with the rest we're receiving. :)

• stvkpln
    stvkpln
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add my own two cents into this -- recent and favorites are two distinct categories and should be treated as such (in my opinion)... Tweetbot actually handles this somewhat masterfully from a UX perspective in allowing the bottom row of icons to be configurable; I like the idea of having recently used, I just don't want them co-mingling with my favorites!

What might make for a decent favorites enhancement, though.. would be having an option to add favorites direct from there, rather than having to go to the individual site to add them.. That way they could be added in bulk. This would actually be applicable in the organize section, as well....

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@stvkpln: There's a fine line between adding utility and adding clutter. While I fall on the "move 'em to the bottom" side of this debate myself, I'd really hate having recents separate on smaller screens. I don't feel I have any screen real estate to spare for an extra category in almost any view on iPhone. iPad is a different story, but we can't ignore smaller screens in making design decisions here. All the same, your point is well-taken and I obviously agree there is some room for improvement here, so thanks for sharing. :+1:

What might make for a decent favorites enhancement, though.. would be having an option to add favorites direct from there, rather than having to go to the individual site to add them.

This is really cool idea! We've already got a few ideas being tossed around for further favorites enhancements, so the current state of favorites is definitely only the beginning. I'll definitely pass your idea along to the team for consideration. :chuffed:

• ahankins
    ahankins
    Community Member
    Options

Just throwing a me too out there about wanting to move/remove the recents feature.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! :)

• netguden
    netguden
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate You can give people the right to choose!! I've been from the start with 1password. There was not many password app to choose from in start. but now there are many good programs. and if you want to take care of the customers be careful what you are doing, always give people a choice. 1password is also able to do too many things that people do not need. Your program is a bit too big now and slow now.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, @netguden. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.