Handoff

Options
plus91uk
plus91uk
Community Member

I have update 1 password on both my iPad and iPhone iPhone is running ios11 iPad ios11.2 beta Hand off does not work I have been told on macru ours may be due to merge vaults is there any way to fix I have attached pic of problem

1Password Version: 7.00
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @plus91uk

How are you syncing your data?

What two devices did this occur between (I see the one with the error is some sort of iPad). Are they both iOS devices or is a Mac involved?

Please let us know.

Ben

• plus91uk
    plus91uk
    Community Member
    Options

I sync over wlan one is iPhone the other iPad Pro

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @plus91uk

If all of your data is available on your computer I’d recommend uninstalling 1Password on both iOS devices, reinstalling, and setting up syncing with the WLAN server fresh. That way the UUID for items should match across all of your devices (and thus in theory Handoff should work).

Ben

• plus91uk
    plus91uk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks will try that later

• Ben
    Options

Great! Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• plus91uk
    plus91uk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I have deleted 1 passowrd from both ios devices did a hard reset reinstalled using plan sync and still getting the same problem like said i am running ios beta 11.2 on ipad but not on iphone dont know if that the problem

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @plus91uk. I’ve reached out to one of our developers who worked on the WLAN server to see if item UUIDs are maintained across devices, or if each device has its own unique item UUIDs. If the latter is the case unfortunately it won’t be possible to make Handoff work with WLAN server sync. For what it’s worth... I did test this with a 1Password.com account, where UUIDs are the same across the devices, and it does work there.

Thanks.

Ben

• plus91uk
    plus91uk
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! We'll get back to you. :) :+1:

• Ben
    Options

It appears UUIDs are not maintained across devices synced via the WLAN server, and as such it wouldn’t be possible to make Handoff work under those conditions.

Ben

• plus91uk
    plus91uk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben might have to look at changing the way i sync over devices then

• Ben
    Options

Fair enough. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.