1Password does not autofill on Apple's iPhone X reservation page; bye bye iPhone X :(

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

While I do not live in Belgium I was thinking of traveling there to get an iPhone X. Apple's reservation page became online at 6:01 this morning (woke up early to be on time):

https://reserve-prime.apple.com/BE/nl_BE/reserve/iPhoneX/availability?channel=1

I could select the model I wanted, but then had to log in. I tried to do this using 1Password, but it did not autofill my credentials! I had to manually copy/paste my Apple ID and password. When I finished that (doing the dance between two Apps twice) the iPhone X was already sold out again... :(

Please make this work!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• A884126
    A884126
    Community Member
    Options

I do have exactly the same problem on iOS 11.1 on iPhone X.

However it works perfectly on iOS 11.1 on iPhone 7 Plus.

So I guess it is an issue with iPhone X and not iOS.

• Ben
    Options

1Password for iOS cannot fill Apple’s login pages because they use an iframe to present their login form. We’re not able to work with iframes.

There have been a few threads on this subject, if you’re interested:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/search?adv=1&search=iframe&title=&author=&cat=9&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date=

Thanks.

Ben

• A884126
    A884126
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, I should have mentioned that my issue is random on certain websites. For instance it does not work on Facebook.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Wish I knew. Might have had an iPhone X now, if I did...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I should have mentioned that my issue is random on certain websites. For instance it does not work on Facebook.

@A884126: Are you perhaps using TOTP with Facebook? We're tracking a known issue with TOTP login filling.

Wish I knew. Might have had an iPhone X now, if I did...

@XIII: Sorry about that. Last I checked you can still order one though. :blush:

• A884126
    A884126
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty what is TOTP?

I just type Facebook.com and try to login.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

@XIII: Sorry about that. Last I checked you can still order one though.

Yes. I actually already did on October 27, but the Apple Store came back online so late (9:10 instead of 9:00) for me (both web and App) that I had/have to wait 3 weeks to get it.

Was hoping to get it faster via this pick-up option.

• Ben
    Options

@A884126

TOTP is a Time-based One Time Password. It is a 4-digit code that some websites use in addition to a username & password to authenticate you. Facebook has this option.

In any event, this thread is about filling on Apple’s login pages. If you have a different issue please start a new thread. :)

@XIII

Understood. I have filed an issue for our team requesting that until (if ever) we’re able to fill in frames we at least try to detect that they are the reason filling failed, and let the customer know that when it occurs.

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Part of the problem (no iPhone X) solved! :)

• A884126
    A884126
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty BTW I am not using TOTP on FB

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Part of the problem (no iPhone X) solved! :)

@XIII: :chuffed: :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

BTW I am not using TOTP on FB

@A884126: Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like you're probably running into a different issue then. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it though! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, be sure to let me know the exact URL, and what you're experiencing when you try to login. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.