1P Mac does not lock on Fast User Switching

Options
dude1234
dude1234
Community Member

Hi - I use Fast User Switching to lock my MBP when I need to step away. Just returned to my computer, entered my Mac account password switching me back into my account, and 1P was front-and-center and in unlocked state.

Updated to 1P Mac 6.8.4 last night. Using only 1P Family account. macOS 10.12.6.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1P Family

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dude1234 - there are a number of ways you can customize the security settings for your installation of 1Password for Mac. Go to Preferences > Security and you'll be presented with this window:

Make sure the Lock when fast user switching box is checked.

• dude1234
    dude1234
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi @Lars - I've just confirmed I have had that box checked before noticing this issue today.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

OK, thanks for checking. Please restart your Mac and log in again to your own user account. Open 1Password, then try the same fast-user switch you tried previously. Let us know what the result is. In fact, if you get the same result (i.e. - after switching back to your own account, 1Password is still in an unlocked state), I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/399059#Comment_399059
    • Your forum username: dude1234

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.