Trial period expired. been an active client for years

BruceC
BruceC
Community Member

I bought 1Password a few years ago, but I must have updated and now it says that the trial period is over. I am now locked out. How do I get back to my original version? I actually copied this from another persons notes. I need the license number etc to clear up this problem.. Purchased my original copy from the Apple Apps store. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I bought 1Password a few years ago, but I must have updated and now it days that the trial period is over. I am now locked out. How do I get back to my original version?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @BruceC! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with an expired trial. We've actually got a great support page set up for exactly that problem. Let us know how that works for you!

• BruceC
    BruceC
    Community Member

Lars. Not at my computer now but I used the support page. No joy as it requested a license (mentioned in my original post). I can not locate original docs.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BruceC - When you say you "must have updated," can you say a little more about that? If you downloaded from the Mac App Store originally, updates should be automatic. Also, because 1Password - like all apps downloaded from the Mac App Store - is tied to your Apple ID, it does not require a license when purchased there.

If you have a valid purchase from the Mac App Store (not the iTunes store, for 1Password for iOS; this is a different application that is paid for separately), please follow the instructions from my previous link in the sub-heading “If you purchased from the Mac App Store". Make sure you're signed into the Mac App Store using the same Apple ID as the one you used to initially purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store. Click the Purchases tab in the top bar of the Mac App Store, then locate 1Password and click the "Install" button to the right. Let us know how that works for you!

• BruceC
    BruceC
    Community Member

thanks Lars. On the road for a bit today will follow ur instructions later if we have an internet connection..
    Bruce

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BruceC - sounds good! Let us know how you get on. :)

This discussion has been closed.