iPhone 6 not syncing. In 1Password Settings, it doesn't have a 'sync' option unlike my iPad.

Options
raynoyes
raynoyes
Community Member

My Mac and iPad sync OK but my iPhone doesn't. When I open 'Settings' in my iPad it has a sync option in the list, but it is not there on my phone. I have looked through all the help items and followed them with no luck. I have signed into my account using my secret key (and taken a photo of the code) but it doesn't help me to ensure my phone uses iCloud for 1 Password.
In 'Settings' on my Phone, 1Password does not appear in the list of apps using iCloud.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: 11.0.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone 6 not syncing. In 1Password Settings, it doesn't have a 'sync' option unlike my iPad.

Comments

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Hello hope you can help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@raynoyes: You'll won't have a "sync" option if you're using a 1Password.com account. With that, you don't need to configure sync. You can access the data in your account simply by signing into your account. Is there a reason you're also using iCloud?

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thanks for responding. I switched to Dropbox at one stage but noticed my phone was out of sync with other devices. I thought the cloud would help bring it back it but it hasn't. Sorry but don't understand why I don't need to configure sync with an account. I use the app on my phone and don't access passwords etc via my account. Am I talking nonsense?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raynoyes,

I apologize for the confusion here and I'll do what I can to clear it up.

Sorry but don't understand why I don't need to configure sync with an account.

There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

1. Using 1Password as a standalone app:

• You purchase the 1Password apps individually for the platforms that you need.
    • Your data remains on your device until you choose to sync it using a third party service, such as Dropbox or iCloud.

2. Using a 1Password account.

• Your subscription fee includes the 1Password apps across all the platforms that you need.
    • 1Password handles all of the messy bits of sync. You do not need to set up a third-party service such as Dropbox or iCloud. All you need to do to access your data is sign in to your 1Password account on a new device.

I have signed into my account using my secret key (and taken a photo of the code)

Since you mention signing in with your Secret Key, it sounds like you've got a 1Password account. In that case, Dropbox and iCloud are unnecessary. So, our goal now is to make sure that all of your devices are set up to sync to your 1Password account so all of your data is in the same place.

If you log into your 1Password account on 1Password.com, do you see your entire database there? If not, which of your devices currently has your most up-to-date data?

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Signing in shows all data. I think the problem is that I have 3 vaults. Personal, all-vaults and shared. In personal, items are missing. I think
    I need to simplify things and return to just one personal vault.
    My MAC has what I term the mother data. The iPad syncs to it but not the iPhone.

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Clarification! I logged in on my Mac and all is there. On my iPad all is there using the app but in duplicate for some reason (that happened after I set up family sharing). On my iPhone using the app data is missing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raynoyes,

I think the problem is that I have 3 vaults. Personal, all-vaults and shared.

This sounds like our default set up for a 1Password account. The 'All Vaults' vault is just what the name implies - it has all the data from all of your vaults. So, if you have a personal vault and a shared vault, then the data from both of those vaults will appear in the 'All Vaults' vault. If there is no data in your shared vault, you can delete it ... But before we make any changes to your vaults, let's make sure that you have all of the data that you need, and that it is on all of your devices. Besides, the shared vault might be useful if you use 1Password with another member of your family.

Clarification! I logged in on my Mac and all is there.

Great! It sounds like you're correctly logged into your account there. Just to confirm, open 1Password's Preferences > Accounts and make sure that your account is listed there.

On my iPad all is there using the app but in duplicate for some reason (that happened after I set up family sharing).

Let's do some investigating here. Tap on the Settings icon and select 'Vaults'. You should see your 1Password account there, with your Personal and your Shared vault. Is there another vault there as well?

On my iPhone using the app data is missing.

If you do not have your data in 1Password on your iPhone, all we need to do there is to sign in to your account. You can sign in to your account in Settings > 1Password Accounts.

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan

Besties the ‘all vaults’ there are just two. Mine and shared.

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Do you mean Settings on my iPhone?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raynoyes,

Strange, I thought there might be an extra vault there that was responsible for the duplicated entries. Ok, let's try this. In 1Password on your iPad, if you tap on each vault (Personal and Shared) you'll see the item details, which tell you how many items is in each vault. How does that number compare with the items you see in 1Password on your Mac?

Do you mean Settings on my iPhone?

My apologies for not being more clear. Open 1Password's Settings on your iPhone. From there you will see the option to sign in to your 1Password account.

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

In Settings in 1Password there is only the shared account. Mine is not there.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raynoyes,

Let's take a step back here. How many accounts are we dealing with here? Do you have a personal account and an account for your job, for example?

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Just two. Mine and shared. No job stuff.

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan

• raynoyes
    raynoyes
    Community Member
    Options

On my phone there are fewer data than elsewhere. Also, when I press Settings on it in 1Pasword it shows only the shared vault.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raynoyes,

I think we're going to need to take a closer look at this in order to get everything sorted out. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/83716/iphone-6-not-syncing-in-1password-settings-it-doesnt-have-a-sync-option-unlike-my-ipad#latest
    • Your forum username: raynoyes

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@raynoyes: I see that we've received your diagnostics via email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look and get back to you shortly. Thanks! :)

ref: TND-35121-811

This discussion has been closed.