To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Started setting up a while ago, can’t finish now

atomicknight
atomicknight
Community Member

I started setting up 1Password a couple months ago on iOS but did not complete the process. I stopped somewhere between signing up for a membership/subscription and the secret key/master password steps. I did not reach the point where I was given an emergency kit. I can confirm on my phone that I have an annual subscription. I have a few emails in my inbox that want me to verify my email address. When I follow the links in the emails, open the 1Password iOS app, or go to the 1Password web page, everything asks for my secret key (which I wasn’t given) and my master password (which I didn’t create).

From reading other posts, it seems as though I need an account reset. Is this correct? No data will be lost from this action, since I haven’t stored anything yet.

I can provide my personal and account info (email address, 1Password sign-in address) via email.

Comments

• Hey @atomicknight,

Since you didn't finish creating your account, we don't need to reset anything. Simply sign up again on the web to start the process again:
    https://start.1password.com/signup/plan

Once you're done signing up for an account, you can sign in on your iOS device:
    https://support.1password.com/add-device/

Then, on your iOS device, click this link:

onepassword://resetSubscription

That will unlink your subscription from your old account that was never set up.

Finally, go into 1Password > Settings > Accounts > your account and click the button to apply your subscription to your account.

Let us know how that goes!

• atomicknight
    atomicknight
    Community Member

I get stuck at “you can sign in on your iOS device.” Step 1 of those instructions simply says “Open and unlock 1Password.” My options at that point are to “Start my trial” (fails since I’m already subscribed), log in with 1Password.com (I don’t have a secret key or master password), connect via iCloud (finds nothing), connect via Dropbox/WLAN (I never set anything up that way), or create a standalone vault (not what I want to do).

I just keep going around and around and not getting anywhere :-(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I get stuck at “you can sign in on your iOS device.” Step 1 of those instructions simply says “Open and unlock 1Password.” My options at that point are to “Start my trial” (fails since I’m already subscribed),

@atomicknight: Can you be more specific? What do you mean "fails"? Are you getting an error? Please let me know!

• atomicknight
    atomicknight
    Community Member

By “fails,” I mean that I get a pop-up message telling me I’m already subscribed. The pop-up has two buttons. One simply closes the pop-up , which returns me to the 1Password log-in/launch screen. The other button takes me to the iOS settings menu where I have the option to cancel my subscription. Presumably, canceling my subscription would mean paying another $30+ to try this all again.

• atomicknight
    atomicknight
    Community Member

pop-up message

• atomicknight
    atomicknight
    Community Member

subscription management

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@atomicknight: Thanks for letting me know! While I can't say for certain, it sounds like you have a subscription setup through Apple which is either setup with a different account, or none at all currently. Since this is probably going to involve sensitive account information, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com from your 1Password.com account's registered email address and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#YJX-37252-235]

If you’re reading this and you are not atomicknight, this Support ID is for atomicknight only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Please also include a receipt for any 1Password purchase you've already made through Apple. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: YJX-37252-235

• JackMason
    JackMason
    Community Member

OK - I never finished setting up my account either. Actually thought I had.... but realized after 4 months nothing was saved. So want to start from scratch. Don't know my secret password but remember my Master password. When I tried setting up an account again it wants my credit card information.... I don't want two family memberships..... Is that the expectation??

• gazu
    gazu
    Community Member

@JackMason

If you originally signed up it sounds like your free trial has been expired which is why you're being prompted for your credit card details.

Are you using the same or a different email address?

You can always delete your account if you've forgotten your secret key and sign up from scratch - instructions below:

https://support.1password.com/delete-account/#get-help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JackMason: Each 1Password membership account will be frozen after the trial period without an active subscription. So if you're signing up for a new one, you'd need to pay for that, yes. If you mean that you already have a membership you're paying for, I'd encourage you to reach out at sales@1password.com with the details so we can look into it, in case a credit needs to be issued.

This discussion has been closed.