How do I get My Passwords Back?

Options
CarlB
CarlB
Community Member

I use 1Password on a Mac Pro 4.1 (OSX 10.10.5), an iPad mini (original - iOS 9.3.5) and an iPhone. Last month I upgraded from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 7+ (iOS 11.1) with a different carrier. On September 19th, 2017 I entered the login info for the new carrier in 1Password on the mac, and later synced using local WiFi to both other devices.

Today I went to sign in from the Mac and a search cannot find the password for the new carrier. I check the phone and it's the same - not there. Then I check the iPad and the login info is there. I didn't dream creating that.

WTF? Oh... there was a 1Password update just pushed to both the phone and the Mac. That seems to have messed with something. It didn't go to the iPad, probably cuz it's still running iOS 9.3.5

How do I get my current up-to-date passwords back on my phone and Mac - without risking loosing the one good copy on the iPad???
Can I back out of that update somehow?

Carl

1Password Version: 6.8, 6.8.4(684001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5, OSX 10.10.5, iOS 11.1
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @CarlB - sorry to hear you're having troubles getting sync consistent across a multiple-device setup. Truth be told on one like this, we'll probably need a closer look at what's going on. So, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#HDB-99168-689]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

(NOTE: For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @CarlB only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.)

ref: HDB-99168-689

• CarlB
    CarlB
    Community Member
    Options

Reports generated and sent.

Carl

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CarlB - thanks. Someone will be with you as quickly as possible. :)

• CarlB
    CarlB
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, now I'm really confused.
    After generating reports I tried searching for the password I could not find before - and it's now there on both the Mac and the phone.

(sigh)

It's working now - never mind.

Carl

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CarlB -- that's good news! It can sometimes take a bit for a sync session to finish (or even start, depending on what you're doing), so I'm not entirely surprised to hear this. If you've got identical item counts all around now, I'd say we can put a pin in this one. Let us know if the situation changes or you need further assistance. :-)

ref: HDB-99168-689

This discussion has been closed.