Attachments not copying between mac version 6.8.3 and iOS version 7.0

Options
limekiln
limekiln
Community Member

Updated a passport category item's attachment in mac version 6.8.3. It is a .jpeg file stored on my MacBook Pro
Because of a problem where no longer syncing (I use iCloud) between Mac and my IOS version (7.0) i now have to use 'Share' and message the change/update to my iPhone. The change/update on my iPhone does not include the attachment. Is the reason why because my iPhone (obviously) can't access the attachment file? Why isn't attachment included with 'share'? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:attachments not copy

Comments

• @limekiln,

Had you previously purchased Pro features for the iOS version? Or do you happen to be signed into a 1Password.com membership?

Rudy

• limekiln
    limekiln
    Community Member
    Options

I do have a purchased Pro features / IOS version. (This ignorance on my part is part of the ongoing confusion with 1Password) Is Pro no longer in service even though my app shows I have it? Why is my desktop version which is synced with the iCloud not transmitting or syncing with my IOS version? Very frustrated and it is probably my fault (btw retired with over 30+ years in PC/IT software)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@limekiln -- if you purchased the Pro features as an in-app purchase, it will not have expired. The only way you might have this problem is if you acquired a new iOS device or reset an existing one to factory defaults and then downloaded 1Password from a different Apple ID than the one you used to purchase the Pro features initially. You'd know if you had done that.

If you're looking for a more reliable sync method, we invite you to check out a 1password.com membership. or you can also switch to Dropbox syncing.

• limekiln
    limekiln
    Community Member
    Options

Wow..Thank you. Changed to Dropbox from iCloud and it worked properly.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@limekiln - you're quite welcome! Glad that worked for your setup. :)

This discussion has been closed.