Frequent prompts for Master Password

Options

Comments

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member
    Options

I am getting prompted frequently for my master password on my iPhone6, IOS 10 and the latest release. I have always had "Require Master Password" set to never. It has recently started asking for my master password every day or so.

Please fix asap.

-louie

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Louie,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. This must be a different issue than what was being discussed in the other thread, as that issue is specific to iOS 11 (and resolved in iOS 11.1). As such I’ve split your question off into its own thread so that we can give it the attention that it deserves.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPhone:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/83805/frequent-prompts-for-master-password
    • Your forum username: Louie

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply, however, I do not understand how to send a the diagnostics report. The link you gave me opens 1Password on my Mac. I am reading this on my Mac system.

I cannot find anything in 1Password on my iPhone that sends the diagnostic report.

-louie

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I was able to send the report. These instructions "assume" the user is reading the instructions on an IOS device but does not explicitly say so.

• Louie
    Louie
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the report ID: [#EJJ-72167-354] 1Password for iOS Diagnostic Report

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the report, @Louie. We’ll review the report and get back to you via email.

Ben

ref: EJJ-72167-354

This discussion has been closed.