Login filling on my.1password.com

Hi folks,

I've just noticed that the "1Password Account" login item (which was automatically created when I first signed up to 1Password) no longer fills properly on the my.1password.com login form.

My master password gets filled correctly, but the "secret key" field gets filled with my email address.

I can of course update this item manually but I thought you'd want it to work correctly for everyone out of the box!

Many thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.9.7 Chrome
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

Hi there,

When I want to login onto my 1password family account page, I go to this url:
    https://.1password.com/signin

On this page there are three fields:
    name:
    secret key:
    master password:

When I use the 'fill' option from the addon, I see that:
    name: stays empty
    secret key: my name
    master password: my secret key value

So basically the filling in happens one field too low.

Hope you can see what is going on?
    I thought this worked fine earlier.
    I can use the same login just fine with IOS.
    (with my Android 8.0.0 I apparently lost the ability to use fill so I can't compare further)

Kind regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hello again @wimvmourik,

There are some inconstancies when filling with 1Password for Chrome and our other 1Password clients. We are in the process of improving our filling logic, but unfortunately, at this time the Secret Key isn't filled on 1Password.com. However, you can click the 1Password logo and copy and paste the Secret Key from your 1Password Login Item. You shouldn't need to do this often unless your using a new browser as your email and your Secret Key are saved in your browser's local storage.

Adding support to fill your Secret Key is on our list of websites we need to improve our filling logic on.

Have a great week and please let us know if you run into any other websites with filling inconstancies.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

ref: b5x-25

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ra_,

I hope you don't mind if I merge your post here. My reply above relates and this is something we will have resolved in a future update of 1Password.

Have a great week!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.