How to open an old standalone account on a new iOS device

Options
clovero
clovero
Community Member
edited November 2017 in iOS

I bought 1 Password maybe 10 years ago through iTunes. Since then I have gone through probably 3 new iPhones. Each time I was able to back up my phone from the iTunes or my iCloud. I never had an issue opening my 1 password account with my master password. Today I had to get a new iPhone and am not supposed to do a full backup of my old phone to prevent old issues in the coding causing the same issue in this new phone. I had to download the app again from my previous purchases in the app store. Now when I go to sign in it asks for more information than I have. This, I have read, is because of the new membership. I tried to request my license for my standalone account (even though I don't remember ever getting one originally) from the 2 emails that could possibly be associated with it based on the timeframe of original purchase. I didn't get an email and checked in my junk as well. PLEASE tell me you can help me! I have well over 100 passwords saved in there!

1Password Version: I had the version before the last update
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: iPhone 6s version 11.1
_Sync Type:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to open an old standalone account on a new device

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @clovero,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I’d be happy to help with this.

A “standalone account” is an oxymoron. Standalone means without an account — there is no account. With standalone we don’t store your data. By default your data is only stored on your device. As such if you’d like to have that data on other devices you’ll need to set up syncing, starting with the device that currently has the data on it:

Sync your 1Password data

Also: purchases from the App Stores are not registered with us, and as such we can’t send you any information about them (we don’t have any). Purchases from Apple’s App Stores are associated to your Apple ID, and any purchase information would be looked up through Apple.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.