Help! Multitasking not working with 1PW using iOS 11.1 on my iPad Pro (12.9", first generation)

Options
ssugiyama19
ssugiyama19
Community Member

After I launch 1PW, each time I take an initial action (e.g., login to a website, go to Settings>Help), then swipe up to reveal the Dock, or multi-task, 1PW reverts to the position/screen when I initially launched. 1PW never did this before. I examined Settings>Security, and my settings are: Lock on Exit (Off), Auto-Lock (5 Minutes), Touch ID (On). I also tried a variation of these settings, always leaving Touch ID On, but the result was always the same. Is this a bug? Very frustrating as I lose my place in 1PW each time I try to either bring up the Dock, or Multitask.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1 (15B93)
Sync Type: iCloud (I think)
Referrer: forum-search:Problem with multitasking using iOS 11.1 on my iPad Pro (12.9", first generation)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ssugiyama19

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

We’re aware of a problem where if you are using 1Browser, leave 1Password (via any means), and then return to 1Password 1Browser will not remain open. This was not intentional, and we’re not entirely sure why it has changed. Our team is looking into it and if they can figure out a way to restore the previous behavior we’ll likely do that. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• ssugiyama19
    ssugiyama19
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben. For now, if I need to communicate with you or the general Support Forum, I use my 1PW for Mac. On iOS I 'Open in Safari' rather than simply open. However, when I do this, am I more exposed than using the default? If so, what actions can I take to reduce exposure by opening in Safari?

• Ben
    Options

1Browser is just Safari wrapped up in 1Password. It is the same rendering engine. :)

Ben

• ssugiyama19
    ssugiyama19
    Community Member
    Options

Oh! Thank you! However, when I exit 1Browser, it does so more securely (i.e., difficult to intercept) than opening in a separate window in Safari (when I open in Safari), right? Or?

• Ben
    Options

Nope. Same browser. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.