Item counts not updating until close and reopen app

Options
btownguy
btownguy
Community Member

Hi. I’m not sure if this is limited to iOS or not but I’m seeing it on both iPhone and iPad. All running latest software versions. The scenario is as follows:

On MacOS 1Password, a new item is created (password or a login). Had 250 items before creation, 251 items after creation.
Go into 1Password for iOS and my total item count is 250. When looking through the list of items, my new item is there, but the total item count remains at the old number. If 1Password is force closed and reopened, the item count updates to 251 as expected.

Any ideas? Should have mentioned that this is through a 1Password.com subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @btownguy,

That is correct. Item counts are only refreshed on a fresh launch. It may be possible to improve this, and I’ll ask our team to look into doing to.

Thanks,

Ben

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member
    Options

That would be very helpful as on the previous version item counts were updated each time you opened the app. It gives confidence that The 1password.com syncing is working properly. Without it you’re not sure if it’s syncing or not.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member
    Options

Just as an FYI, this issue just looks very bad. Apple has come out repeatedly and told people to stop force-quitting apps on iOS. Currently with 1Password on iOS, the only way to get an accurate item count is to force quit the app and relaunch it. Part of the reason I reluctantly migrated to a 1Password.com subscription (Families at that) was because I wanted confidence in the syncing process across various platforms. When I create a new item in 1Password but then can't see the item count increment on another device, I begin to lose confidence in the syncing. Others that aren't aware of the force-quit requirement may come to the conclusion that 1Password.com syncing is not working.

https://daringfireball.net/2017/07/you_should_not_force_quit_apps

• Ben
    Options

You’re absolutely right, and we would like to do more to insure the item count updates when changes are made.

Ben

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

In my case, item counts are updating when I switch vaults, e.g. from the Private vault to the shared vault and back. Ok it's still a workaround, but it's a lot better than forcequitting the app

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for pointing that out, @Manaburner. Yes, that seems to do it for me as well.

Ben

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you guys. Looks like this was fixed in the most recent iOS update. Keep up the great work.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @btownguy! Glad to hear that fixed it up for you. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.