To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Options to choose for One-time Passwords

Options

I am attempting to setup a One-time Password (OTP) for a site and it gives some configuration options to choose from but it's unclear which ones I should choose. I tried a couple and it did not accept the OTP that 1Password generated. Tried SHA256 and it didn't like it. Length should be 6 I assume since that's typically what it 1password generates. Also I tried to scan the QR Code the site generated but 1Password wouldn't scan it so I manually entered the long string instead. That might have impacted it too?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DigitalOxygen.ca -- Hrm, that shouldn't be, although you never know -- the site may have restricted it with Google Authenticator-specific features that we can't replicate...but I would doubt that. I don't know enough about Google Authenticator to say for certain, but anything's possible. Would you mind sharing the site here, so we can see what might be going on?

• DigitalOxygen.ca
    DigitalOxygen.ca
    Community Member
    Options

Sure. HitBTC.com

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DigitalOxygen.ca: I'm not sure exactly where you're running into trouble there. I didn't see any of that stuff in your screenshot when I set it up. I just went to the security settings:

https://hitbtc.com/settings/security

Scanned the QR code with 1Password:

And then I was able to enter the "validation code" at the bottom, generated by 1Password. Maybe you just need to back up and just use the default without trying to customize the TOTP type.

This discussion has been closed.