Switched to membership and sync in 1Password cloud, but can't find Personal Vault on iOS devices

pdm32
pdm32
Community Member

Switched to membership and 1P cloud sync months ago. Just noticed that, while a Primary Vault syncs to iDevices, our Personal Vault does not. Can't even find a way to add it to the 1P cloud sync, just Dropbox.

Very happy user for many years and I recommend to many others, but need help with this important problem.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Shows installed, cannot find version
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: 1P cloud
Referrer: forum-search:switched to membership and sync in 1Password cloud, but can't find Personal Vault on iOS devices

Comments

• Hi @pdm32,

Are you signed into your 1Password.com membership on the iOS devices? You can check under 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts.

The Primary vault is not part of your membership (it is a standalone vault) and doesn’t sync via 1Password.com.

Ben

• pdm32
    pdm32
    Community Member

Thanks! Sorry (but not) that it was so basic. What can I do to get rid of the Primary Vault and leave just the personal vaults?
    Thanks for your kind assistance and a great product.

• You’re very welcome @pdm32. :)

To get rid of the Primary vault, once you’ve made sure there is no information in it that you want to keep (and isn’t already in other vaults) you can delete it using the Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault option in 1Password for iOS. You’ll need to do this on each iOS device that still has that vault. In 1Password for Mac you can select 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Uncheck Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.