Prevent automatic clipboard copying?

kphonik
kphonik
Community Member

When using the browser extension I do not wish to have my password hit the clipboard - I prefer to manually use the 'Copy' trigger in 1pwMini when necessary.

Seems like this would be configurable (on both the Mac and iOS apps for that matter) but I can't seem to find a setting to disable the automatic password copying to the clipboard.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Prevent automatic clipboard copying?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@kphonik - thanks for the question. If you're using the browser extension, 1Password doesn't need to copy your password to the system clipboard in order to fill your data into web pages. 1Password will also not copy a password (or anything else) to the clipboard just because you select it in the mini detail window. You can test this out for yourself, if you like: visit a webpage you have an account with and use the extension to fill in your login details. Then switch to a text field and click "Paste." The contents will be whatever you last copied, not your username or password for the login 1Password just filled for you.

• rudy
    edited November 2017

where 1Password does make use of the clipboard is:

• if you generate&fill a password via mini, it will copy the generated password to the clipboard
    • if you fill a login on a webpage and that login has a TOTP code associated with it, it will copy the TOTP code to the clipboard

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.