Upgrade interrupted

Options
caseyc
caseyc
Community Member

I accidentally let Mac OS update while 1Password was updating. It interrupted the 1Password update and shut the computer down. Now I can't open 1password. I uninstalled it, but when I try reinstalling, it fails. I noticed that the 1password agent is running, but it restarts itself if I force it to quit. How can I get 1password up and running again?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @caseyc -- sorry it's under such circumstances! I see you've also written in to our support email address, so because this is likely to involve some intricate surgery and an examination of what's what on your hard drive, let's keep the conversation over there, for your privacy.

ref: MMS-44867-928

• caseyc
    caseyc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@caseyc :+1: :)

• caseyc
    caseyc
    Community Member
    Options

I booted my Mac in safe mode and installed it in safe mode. It worked there, then I restarted in normal mode, and it works! Problem solved.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@caseyc Excellent! I'd like to be able to say I'm glad I was able to help you, but since you solved this all by yourself, I can't hardly take any of the credit for it. Just remember not to perform simultaneous updates to different software, especially if one of them is the OS! :)

This discussion has been closed.