Prompted for macOS user account password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1password extension for Google Chrome is not working..

Comments

• robin_p
    robin_p
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone on MacOS.
    If you have recently changed your user password (laptop password) ensure your keychain has had the password updated.
    The easiest thing to do is open up the 1Password App, if it prompts for Keychain access you know you have this problem.
    To fix it, open Keychain (Applications > Utilities) > right click on "login" on the left, select change password, type in your old password and then set your new password to what you have recently changed it to.

Note, when I mention passwords above, at no time do I mean your 1Password Vault password, I'm talking about the password you type in when logging into your computer.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @robin_p,

This is a Windows part of our forum, so I don't think your advice is applicable here, but thank you for participating! :) Please check Mac forum in case you have more tips. Thanks! :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robin_p: I've split you off into a new discussion in the Mac category. ;)

Anyway yeah, that happened to me once and it was a real head scratcher. But your explanation is very clear. Thank you for sharing! :)

This discussion has been closed.