Safari thinks Plugin is not installed

Options
pitt1717
pitt1717
Community Member

I am on 6.8.4, and every so often my browsers (safari, chrome, Firefox) thinks that the plugin is not installed. I have tried reinstalling in the past but nothing solves it. I am thinking it is something to do with my proxy. is there am IP address/port I should be allowing through if it needs to call "home"?
any help would be appreciated

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pitt1717: Ah, I think you may be right. 1Password is using WebSockets to communicate with Safari, so if those communications are being blocked or rerouted nothing will get through. This guide has information on the ports 1Password uses to connect to the browser, so you can make allowances for that:

How to configure your firewall, proxy, or other network software for 1Password

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• pitt1717
    pitt1717
    Community Member
    Options

looks like that guide is for firewalls/proxies running on the host. I have an external firewall/proxy (pfsense) that is managing my network. was hoping to at least get port info and or server ips to allow through. I guess ill have to wait till the next failure and sniff the connection. at first glance it looks like a call to AWS-S3 server but not 100% yet

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@pitt1717: The same applies if you're forwarding localhost (127.0.0.1) traffic to an external proxy server: those packets from 1Password are meant for your browser, not the internet. ;)

However, 1Password also connects to external servers in three cases: 1Password.com account (self explanatory), Cachefly (Rich Icons *), and Cloudfront (Watchtower *). Cheers! :)

*If you have those features enabled.

This discussion has been closed.