iOS keeps copying password [Fixed in version 7.0.1]

Options
PurdueGuyInWLA
PurdueGuyInWLA
Community Member
edited November 2017 in iOS

I upgraded to iOS 11.1.1 today, so not sure if that changed anything.
Running 1Password v7.0 on an iPhone X.

Since it's a new phone, as I use apps, I have to log into them again. This evening I went to log into the Southwest app.
My username is my member number, so I copied it, switch back to the Southwest app, and pasted into the username field...except it pasted my password. So I switched back to 1Password, copied my username, switch back to Southwest, and pasted...again it pasted my password!

I kept going back and forth, but each time it would ALWAYS grab my password. It seems just as I switched to the other app, it would popup and say "password copied" - so I think it was trying to be helpful, but it wasn't!

I tried switching both ways (swipe across the bottom) and swipe up/hold. Both had the same result.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PurdueGuyInWLA: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble! This is a known issue with iOS 11, which is having some odd interactions with the new quick copy feature. We're working on something that can help in the beta of 1Password, and the iOS 11.2 beta has some fixes in this area too. In the mean time, if you copy the field you need directly from the item details that can help.

• PurdueGuyInWLA
    PurdueGuyInWLA
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty. It’s not just the quick copy feature doing it. It’s the regular screen. I tap the username, then a pop up appears above with the choices “Copy” or “Large Type” as options.

A little more playing around with it last night, and it seems if I copy the field above the field that I want, things seem to work better. The same thing was happening when I was trying to copy the password, I kept getting the capital TOTP.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PurdueGuyInWLA: Ah, thanks for clarifying. It seems to be a bit different on the iPhone X. We believe we have a fix for this in beta currently, and provided all goes smoothly we should have an update out to you and everyone else affected fairly soon. Thank you for you patience! :blush:

• PurdueGuyInWLA
    PurdueGuyInWLA
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty : Great! Can't wait!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• Good morning @PurdueGuyInWLA. I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that version 7.0.1 is now available with a fix for this problem. Thanks for getting in touch!

This discussion has been closed.