Document preview broken for audio files [confirmed bug, will be fixed in future update]

fnkr
fnkr
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Mac

I know, storing MP3's does probably not count as common use case for 1Password, still, it's broken. The menu that normally provides the options "Open With", "Show in Finder" and "Delete Local Copy" does not work with audio attachments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzBmGlu6paM

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fnkr: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Can you clarify the steps for me. I was able to add an mp3 as a Document and play it from 1Password, so maybe I'm doing something differently than you. Same 1Password and macOS versions even, which is confusing. Thanks in advance!

• fnkr
    fnkr
    Community Member

@brenty: The triangle icon does not work. It should open a menu but it does not.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Hi @fnkr - Sorry for the confusion. You're correct; for certain file types, 1Password for Mac appears to have a bug currently that bypasses the menu and defaults to (dis)playing the item directly in Quick Look. This will be addressed in an upcoming release, so stay tuned for the updates. Thanks for reporting!

ref: OPM-5365

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fnkr: Ah. Just to clarify, that isn't an issue with mp3s. Rather, there's a bug in the current release which causes that whole strip in the middle there to act as a single button. We've got a fix coming for that. I apologize for misunderstanding your original comments!

• fnkr
    fnkr
    Community Member

@brenty As shown in the video, other file types (e.g. plain text) work well (for me).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fnkr Yep, some file types will work, and others will not (i.e. - will open in Quick Look even when trying to use the drop-down). I can't say when exactly the update will be out that addresses this, but I can tell you it's being addressed. Thanks for reporting, and stay tuned! :)

This discussion has been closed.