1Password v4 Chrome Extension - Authorize App Button does nothing in console.

Apocalypse612
Apocalypse612
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I'm having severe issues using 1Password recently. Whenever I have "Use Native Messaging" protocol enabled, I get flooded 10 times a second with console errors from the 1 password chrome extension saying failed to authenticate user. This prevents me from minimizing chrome, and it automatically resizes itself to full screen. Also, the extension does not work at all.

Screenshot here:

When I try using Web Socket Protocol, the error flooding stops and I can actually minimize chrome, however the extension still doesn't work. I can get to the authenticate application box, but when I click Authorize, nothing happens. I notice that there isn't even a console indication that I clicked it! The screen shot below indicates this, having taken it after I clicked Authorize and nothing happened.

Screen Shot here:

Also worth noting is that if I hit cancel it actually redirects properly, but prompts me to reconnect. Is there a command I can manually input into the console that mimics the "Authorize" button click??

I have Malwarebyes (turned it off), Advanced System Care 10 (off), Popupblocker Plus (Turned it off, Chrome Extension), and Ublock Origin (Turned it off, Chrome Extension).

I've also attempted to add inbound/outbound connections to the Windows Firewall and allow 1password.exe, but it didn't help.

I have tried both the beta and non beta versions of 1 Password v4 AND the extension, and the result is always the same.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and restarting my computer in between for the 1Password v4, and no luck.

I have tried the above with both "Verify the web browser signature" disabled and enabled, with no luck.

I have tried restarting the 1Password helper multiple times throughout, and nothing.

My Google Chrome is up to date.

I'm in dire need of some assistance. Please help!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.3
OS Version: Windows 7, SP 1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

This discussion has been closed.