To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password does not match 1Password Account password.

jarsen
jarsen
Community Member

My wife and I have been using 1Password for several years now. About a year ago, we signed up for a family plan. We are trying to set up 1Password for my wife on a new computer, but it says that her 1Password Account password is incorrect. She can log in on our phone and laptop using her master password, and she is already logged into her 1Password Account in both of those devices. She cannot change her account password from either of those devices though, it says her account password is incorrect when she enters her Master Password.

I think the only logical possibility is that her Master Password somehow does not match her 1Password Account password. I remember some difficulty myself early on when we signed up, with the 1Password mac client not being able to reconcile having a 1Password Account with an already existing local repository.

She's tried several passwords to no avail. Is there a way to reset her 1Password Account password, or is all the data good as lost?

Side note:
I spent several frustrated moments after signing up for this forum trying to post a question, only to get permission errors from your servers. Turns out that the real problem was I had not verified my email address, but no where in your UI did you indicate that that was necessary.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password does not match account password

Comments

• boiporitto
    boiporitto
    Community Member

Very sad to know! In this situation, I can only suggest you contact with 1Password Support. Hope they will help you for sure. And I recommend you to learn more about 1Password read this article: https://itphobia.com/1password-guide-secure-your-passwords/. Best of Luck.

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017

@jarsen: So long as your wife is able to access her data on the phone and laptop, we can definitely ensure it's not lost, so not to worry. What I suspect is going on here is that, like it seems you once did, she still has a standalone vault in these apps. This means the app will unlock with the Master Password for her standalone vault rather than her 1Password account. To check for sure, though, I'd like to ask you to have her send us a diagnostics report from either the phone or laptop where she can access her data (which is up to y'all -- either will work):

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please use the following code (including the square brackets) as the subject of your e-mail and include your forum username and a link to this thread to help us connect the dots:

[#ERH-13278-455]

We'll take a look and let you know what we find out. :chuffed:

To others reading: This Support ID is for jarsen only. If you're experiencing a similar issue, let us know and we'll get you your own Support ID. :+1:

ref: ERH-13278-455

This discussion has been closed.