To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need Help with adding my license into 1Password6

Options
Ketty
Ketty
Community Member

FYI - I seem to be going in circles with the Help material on the site so hopefully someone from the forum can help.
First, I am the owner of a stand alone license for about 4 years. I recently moved to an iMac and installed 1Password6 and migrated my data. Unfortunately it looks like I installed a trail version and now after 30 days I am prevented from editing my data.
Per instructions from the support site, I clicked on 1Password6 > License and was prompted to Add my license from a Trial Expired window. (See attachment).
A 1Password Registration window appears (see attachment) but most appears grayed out and I am at a halt not knowing what else to do.
Can someone help how can I add my license info so that the Trial Expired message disappears?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Ketty: Could you let us know where you purchased 1Password from back in the day? Did you purchase from the Mac App Store, by chance? Depending on whether you purchased from Apple or directly from us, licensing works a bit differently, so the answer to your question will also be a bit different depending on where you purchased. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Ketty
    Ketty
    Community Member
    Options

Jees, the app was bought by my late husband so I cant say for sure from where he bought it but if I have to guess, it is most likely directly from AgileBits.com. According to my records it looks like back then the version was 3.8.17. Hope this helps.

• @Ketty: That would explain some of my findings. Given the early version you purchased, I suspect you're correct. This means you'll need your license file to apply on this Mac. This is found in your original license e-mail (which I strongly suspect you don't have handy, given what you've shared). If you do have it, you'll find a link to apply your license there. If not, we'll want to move this conversation to e-mail so that I can confirm the e-mail address or full name used to purchase the license. Since this is a public forum, it's best to handle anything that requires disclosure of personal information in a more private setting.

If you cannot find your license details, let us know if it's okay to e-mail you at the address associated with your forum account (no need to share it -- we can see it on our end) and we'll reach out. Or, if you'd prefer, you can send us an e-mail to support+forum@agilebits.com requesting your license information. You should receive a support ID from our handy BitBot assistant. You can post that support ID here to help us find your e-mail. :+1:

Hopefully this at least helps shed some light on the situation and, if you happen to need your license info resent, we can work on getting everything sorted out for you via e-mail. :chuffed:

• Ketty
    Ketty
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply and I am agree that we should continue the conversation out of this public forum. I do however want to make you aware of that I do have the license number but I do not have the the original email with the link to register my license. If you send me an email to my email on file, I can tell you which email did my husband used to purchase the license. Via the support site, I was able to find out that I have 3 different family licenses (one for Mac, another for Windows and a third for Knox that I believe you guys don't support anymore. Go figure why I needed that many but it is what it is. Please help.

• Ketty
    Ketty
    Community Member
    Options

After receiving and email from your support team, I decided to purchase a single license from the store. Thanks

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017
    Options

Thanks for the update @Ketty. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

ref: SJI-64822-356

This discussion has been closed.