Autofill

Options
guillaumeserton
guillaumeserton
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Android

What can we do if a login for a website and an app are the same, but 1P cannot find it when trying to log into the app?
Sometimes, the autofill comes but empty or do not comes at all while I know that my credentials exists in my vault.

I don't understand how the link with an app is made or how we can creates it.
Are you maintening a specific list of apps which can be use with autofill? Can we do something on our side about that?

Another annoying behavior is for the website or app with MFA, the TOTP is not use automatically after the autofill. So I have to start 1P manually, search my secret and copy/paste the TOTP.

I also see that the Application link is only available on the Android app. On the MacOS App, we can not edit it yet in the 6.84 release.

1Password Version: 6.7 Beta 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Oreo
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What can we do if a login for a website and an app are the same, but 1P cannot find it when trying to log into the app? Sometimes, the autofill comes but empty or do not comes at all while I know that my credentials exists in my vault.

@guillaumeserton: App logins match to the app's identifier. For example, you can find 1Password's in its Google Play store URL:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilebits.onepassword

So you'd use com.agilebits.onepassword in your login if you wanted to fill credentials into 1Password. Obviously that doesn't work since you'd be trying to have 1Password fill itself...but you get the idea. :tongue:

I don't understand how the link with an app is made or how we can creates it. Are you maintening a specific list of apps which can be use with autofill? Can we do something on our side about that?

We're working on ways to make it easier to setup app logins. Keep an eye out for updates! ;)

Another annoying behavior is for the website or app with MFA, the TOTP is not use automatically after the autofill. So I have to start 1P manually, search my secret and copy/paste the TOTP.

Indeed, there is no way currently to have those fill automatically, but we're hoping to make it possible to have the TOTP code copied to the clipboard automatically in a future version.

I also see that the Application link is only available on the Android app. On the MacOS App, we can not edit it yet in the 6.84 release.

Sorry for the confusion there! Currently only the new Windows app supports this new feature, but we'll be adding support for it on other platforms as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.