To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot password and key

jrrosenburg
jrrosenburg
Community Member

Hi, I created an account on 9/14 and even signed up for a membership for which I am being charged on iTunes. I cannot remember any of my sign in info, I do have 2 emails from agile bits on that day, and also got an email today when I wanted to confirm my account. I deleted and redownloaded the app, but of course I cannot create a new account with the same email. Also, if I create a new account, I do not know if it will be linked to my membership on i tunes. please help. I am using iPhone 6s and iMac with MacOS 10/13/1 High Sierra.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.1
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:i forgot my password and key

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017

@jrrosenburg: If you've forgotten your Master Password and Secret Key, there's not much we can do to help you recover them since these are known only to you. We've published guides with steps to try to recover both:

Find your Master Password

Find your Secret Key

If neither of these help, your best bet is likely to delete your account and start over from scratch. Keep in mind that any data you've saved to your account will be lost if you delete your account, so it's a good idea to exhaust other options before taking this step. If you decided you do need to start over, send us an e-mail at support@agilebits.com from the e-mail address associated with your account and we'll help walk you through the process (including getting iTunes sorted out). :chuffed:

• jrrosenburg
    jrrosenburg
    Community Member

Hi, thank you for your response. The info for Find your Master Password says that I will get a hint after 3 failed attempts but that is not happening. How can I get a hint?

• jrrosenburg
    jrrosenburg
    Community Member

Also, if I start all over, do I need to use a different email or is there a way to delete that account?

• @jrrosenburg: The hint may not display if you didn't set one and, if memory serves, may only display for folks with standalone vaults and only in the 1Password apps. I'll have to review that article and see if we don't need to make a tweak, so thanks for pointing that out!

Also, if I start all over, do I need to use a different email or is there a way to delete that account?

We can help you delete your account so that you can use the same e-mail address. That will be part of the process we need to handle via e-mail. :+1:

• sueannsy
    sueannsy
    Community Member

I forgot my Master Password, and the Touch ID isn't showing up anymore now. How can I log in and recover it by Touch ID???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sueannsy: It isn't possible to "recover" your Master Password using Touch ID. The Master Password is required in order to enable Touch ID in the first place. Please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.