I cannot make new entries after syncing with Dropbox? Syncing went ok.

Options
Frederic14
Frederic14
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Mac

Bought a new iMac.
Transferred all new data via Dropbox that went ok, and if I make new entry from another device it syncs ok.
However I cannot make any new entries from my new iMac. There is no "+" in the bottom. It seems like my licence is not registered on the new iMac.
Bought 1P on App Store order nr but I can't find any licence anywhere.
Frédéric

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.4 (684000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:cannot make new entries

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Frederic14! Sorry to hear you're having troubles. In general, you need to upgrade/reinstall from the same outlet you initially purchased from (us (AgileBits) or the Mac App Store). If you initially purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store and you DID download from there, you may want to make sure you did so using the same Apple ID that you initially used to purchase 1Password from Apple.

If you purchased from us (AgileBits), then the Mac App Store version won't work for you because - like all apps obtained from the Mac App Store, it's tied to your Apple ID rather than having a license key. If that's the case, you'll need to remove 1Password from the Mac App Store and install from us. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Then visit our downloads page and grab a copy of our latest version, install it and try your setup again. It should work this time. Let us know how that goes!

• Frederic14
    Frederic14
    Community Member
    Options

Tanks for answering!
    I bought it from App Store, so I removed the old one and got a new from App Store (as recomended). Opened it and all the data was there without me doing anything. Maybee thats ok I don't know.
    But I still have the same problem no "+" to make new entries in the bottom of the window.
    When I go up to the meny bar on top of the screen and enter 1P and at the second place in the meny there I can purchase 1P license, is that correct considering I have it already?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Frederic14 - I'm not quite sure what you mean about the plus button being missing: that button shouldn't be non-visible in any circumstances, which makes me wonder what you're seeing? Are you able to take a screenshot of It, without revealing any personal information?

• Frederic14
    Frederic14
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Ok I Have taken a screenshot. Thats what I think as well, the + should always be there!
    Everything is in Swedish but it doesn't matter, still shows a missing +.

[personal details removed from image by AgileBits; this is a public forum]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Frederic14: Hmm. That's a new one to me. I'm not able to reproduce that here. It may be a glitch with macOS, so restarting may help. But certainly you may as well drag 1Password to the Trash first. If the app is damaged, installing a fresh copy from our website will help:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Let me know how it turns out!

• Frederic14
    Frederic14
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hello Brenty,
    I am moving up in system I see! :-)
    Trashed 1P and also the other files recommended by "Appcleaner" (I know that I got the recommendation not to do so but I did it anyway). Downloaded from Agile site and synced with Dropbox. Made a restart (tried once without restart same result on both versions).
    Result:

[personal details removed from image by AgileBits; this is a public forum]

Back to normal and everything looks good! Tested a new entry and it works.

FYI trashed that version as well and tried the App Store version, did exactly the same and the same problem came back, no "+" in the window. Seems to be a problem with Appstores version.
    As told before I don't have any license for Agile since I bought it from Appstore?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Frederic14 I'm glad to hear downloading from us directly seems to have solved your issue! Still not sure why the Mac App Store version would lack the plus button under any circumstances, but our main focus here is making sure you have unrestricted access to your data, and if installing from us solves that problem, then good! Can you check something for us? Our version of 1Password for Mac, when installed, should check for the previous presence of the Mac App Store version. If you go to 1Password > License what do you see? Does it say Mac App Store license? If so, you're all set to go; 1Password recognizes your purchase. If not, let us know. Thanks!

• Frederic14
    Frederic14
    Community Member
    Options

It says that I hav a 30 day trial, (1P›License). And below license it says "By license" in the meny.
    Doesn't seem to register my former Appstore purchase.

• Frederic14
    Frederic14
    Community Member
    Options

It works but only for 30 days!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Frederic14 - I've sent you a couple of emails; please be on the lookout for them. :)

ref: ZLK-35415-212

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Frederic14: That's my fault. I didn't notice you were using the Mac App Store version, even though you clearly mentioned that in your original post. Glad Lars was able to help though. Sorry about that. :(

This discussion has been closed.