Just installed 1password on my iphone7. How do I get the data from my MacBook synched to my phone?

Options
mrawdon
mrawdon
Community Member

Trying to get 1password data from my Mac to my iPhone

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Just installe 1password on my iphone7. How do I get the data from my MacBook synched to my phone?

Comments

• mrawdon
    mrawdon
    Community Member
    Options

Can someone tell me how to get all the data synched between my Mac and iPhone?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mrawdon,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. You can learn about syncing your data here:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• mrawdon
    mrawdon
    Community Member
    Options

The 1password on my mac is version 6. I am using it and the data is not appearing on my phone. . . Also I don't understand this Secret Key it keeps asking for?????

• Ben
    Options

@mrawdon

Did you see my reply above?

Ben

• mrawdon
    mrawdon
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I have done exactly what it calls for and STILL HAVE NO DATA EXCHANGED. I have all kinds of passwords and data on my Mac when I open 1password but NOTHING on my iphone when I open 1password. Please help!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrawdon - you'll need to choose a sync method from the available options in the article Ben linked to previously. Have you got one in mind? If you've been using 1Password in standalone mode for some time, your options would be iCloud, Dropbox or WLAN sync.

You can also create or use a 1password.com account if you want a seamless sync experience, but that requires signing up for an account and then adding your new or existing account into 1Password, then making sure you've transferred any standalone data you might have into your 1password.com vault(s).

• mrawdon
    mrawdon
    Community Member
    Options

I'm about ready to give up. . .I have tried everything to get my phone synched with my Mac. This is ridiculous. Should be EASY!! What should I try now. I have selected the cloud to synch and still don't have the info on my phone. . .

• Ben
    Options

@mrawdon,

I’d love to help you but you’re really not giving us any details to work with here. Let’s slow down, take a step back, and take this one step at a time.

Please answer this question for me:

Which sync option did you decide to sync with? iCloud, Dropbox, WLAN, or 1Password.com Membership?

Please answer that question and then we can move to the next step.

Thanks.

Ben

• mrawdon
    mrawdon
    Community Member
    Options

As I said, iCloud.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @mrawdon. Not to be argumentative, but what you said was “the cloud,” which could refer to any but WLAN of those options.

If you have followed these steps to set up syncing with iCloud on your devices and the data is still not syncing then I’d recommend checking out this troubleshooting guide.

If that does not resolve the problem the best I could suggest would be to use a more reliable sync option, notably a 1Password.com membership:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.