Is there a way to keep the 1Password pop-up window open?

guyw
guyw
Community Member

There are times when I would like the pop-up window to stay open - for example, if I want to copy multiple elements into a separate web page. Currently, when I copy one piece of data, and go to an open web page, the window closes. I then have to call up 1 password again, re - search for the particular record, and then go to another element to be copied. Is there a way to set things up so that the pop-up window stays open? I note that this functionality seems to exist in your iOS version - when opening in multiple screens.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: osx 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there a way to keep the 1Password pop-up window open?

Comments

• @guyw,

Have you tried clicking the little anchor button in the bottom left corner of the mini item details window?

Rudy

• guyw
    guyw
    Community Member

Rudy, not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the mini pull down menu? I don't see any anchor there - just categories of passwords, folders, etc. Am I looking in the right spot?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@guyw - This is what rudy was referring to:

• guyw
    guyw
    Community Member

Lars, thanks. Just what I was looking for. Any way to have this happen automatically (ie same result, without pushing the anchor button?)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@guyw - no, the mini window isn't meant for permanence unless chosen by the user. It's meant to seek out items and act on them (like filling a login item), which closes the window.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @guyw,

Any way to have this happen automatically (ie same result, without pushing the anchor button?)

You can use the Command-O keyboard shortcut in 1Password mini to open the selected item in an anchored window.

What I often do is open 1Password mini (with the Option-Command-\ shortcut), enter search text, use the down-arrow key to navigate to the correct item (if it's not the first/correct one in search results), then press Command-O to open details for it in an anchored window. That's how to bypass using the anchor button, which you won't even see, and open the anchored window more directly instead.

I hope that'll work as well for you as it does for me. :)

• guyw
    guyw
    Community Member

That's a great solution! Thanks rjk.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Glad that works for you, @guyw. :+1:

Thanks rjk.

I'm sjk but my brother is rjk so close enough. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.