To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

logged in on iOS and Mac (Paid for Premium also on Mac) never logged into account on 1Password

Options
graemepaterson
graemepaterson
Community Member
edited November 2017 in Memberships

HI there,

Paid $99 on the Premium app on the Macbook and installed it in iPhone and iPad, I have a windows desktop that I want to install it on to also.

I have been storing all passwords on the devices that I had and it syncs between devices however as soon as I want to login to a 1Password account, I seem to have no way of finding the Secret Key.

I'm hoping that it is something simple.

I want to be able to log in to the site and also have my passwords available on the windows computer.

Why should I have to pay for a 1Password account when I already have paid for the Premium app at $99?

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.1
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:logged in on iOS and Mac (Paid for Premium also on Mac) never logged into account with no Master

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi @graemepaterson

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password.com subscription membership is a separate service from the older licensing model, and as such is sold separately (and works on a completely different pricing model). You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

One that may not be obvious from what is said there is that 1Password for Windows currently requires a membership. We do not sell licenses for 1Password 6 for Windows (the current version) and it does not work with standalone vaults. We do plan to support standalone vaults and licensing with 1Password 7 for Windows, but that too would be a separate purchase, and I couldn’t speculate as to when that might be available.

You can learn about how to migrate your current setup to a membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you’d like to discuss your particular situation with our sales team and see how they may be able to help you with the transition please send a copy of any applicable receipts to sales@1password.com and post the support ID you get from BitBot here. We’re unable to review personal information or specific purchases here, as these are public forums, but we’d be happy to continue the conversation by email where we can do so. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• graemepaterson
    graemepaterson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply, I will look into it and take the required Action.

I would suggest that the $99 is a bit steep for the iOS Premium, may take that up with the sales team. lol!

Thanks again

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017
    Options

You’re welcome. :)

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by “iOS Premium” as we don’t have any products or services that we title as such. The Pro features for iOS are $9.99 USD in the US iTunes App Store, with prices being adjusted slightly according to region.

In any event, the sales team should be able to help further. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.