Allow manual entry of Numbers in Password Generator

Options
rtpete
rtpete
Community Member

I have made this request several times in the past and it's time to do it again and I am sure many other users would love to see this feature also.

Rather than relying on the Slider to delicately select password length please allow us to enter a number directly into the recipe mix.

Occasionally websites have very limited length of allowable (i.e. "6 to 12 letters or numbers"). So rather than typically a long password number I usually enter I carefully move to the Slider to 12. It would be so much quicker and efficient to merely select the Number Box and enter the number 12.

Every time in the past I've suggested this I get the response "Great idea I'll pass it on to our developers."

Thank you for your consideration!
Richard

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rtpete We're glad to have you here and making suggestions; it means you care about the direction of 1Password enough to take the time to make your wishes known. That's something we don't take lightly; as you may already know, a lot of the features you see in 1Password today originally arose at least in part out of suggestions from the user community. We're genuinely grateful for every suggestion we receive -- and even most of the complaints, assuming they're constructive. It's a bit part of what helps us improve and stay focused on our awesome users. :)

That said, we can't work on every feature request we receive. Some, we can identify as "won't do, probably ever" for various reasons, and we try to say so clearly and give the reason(s) up front. Others are "wow, yeah, let's push that to the front of the stack," depending on what it is. But most of the rest fall into a middle ground of "that'd be cool...if we have available developer cycles and not too many other things on our plate that take priority." I would describe your request as in this last category: we've had internal discussions for a while about making small changes to the Strong Password Generator, so you may see something in an upcoming release. But that likely won't be in the immediate future -- but once again, I'm happy to add your voice to those who would like to see finer controls in 1Password's password generator. Thanks again! :)

This discussion has been closed.