Backup and Sync options missing in Preferences

enstorms
enstorms
Community Member

Just recently started trying out 1Password after many years with Roboform. Like it so far, but can't see Backup and Sync (i.e. WiFi) options in Preferences. Maybe it's because I'm trying out free option, although have submitted credit card info.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @enstorms! If you signed up for a trial of a 1password.com account, that's the reason you don't see the Backup or Sync tabs in 1Password for Mac -- because 1Password accounts don't need them in the way that standalone vaults do. Backups are performed automatically on our servers, and sync is part of the service. Let us know if you have questions!

• enstorms
    enstorms
    Community Member

Ok. Pardon my ignorance on this, but what happens when my 30 days are up and I pay my yearly fee?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@enstorms - you get to continue using 1Password as you have been during the trial period, on as many devices as you own/use. :)

• rafaelrruiz
    rafaelrruiz
    Community Member

What if we want to use a 1Password account but ALSO use a vault that's synced externally via DropBox? For example a shared vault from work? I don't see the Sync icon and the answer I keep reading is that 1Password accounts don't need it. But on my other machine I started with a vault in Dropbox then a signed up for an account. So I have access to both vaults. Now on this new machine its not letting me add the external vault!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rafaelruiz - you'll need to visit Preferences > Advanced (the gear icon at the top right of the main Preferences window), and check the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts." That will enable both the ability to create standalone vaults (which can be synced manually, such as via Dropbox), and the extra panes in the Preferences window.

This discussion has been closed.