To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Merging vaults without matching passwords

Options
psutoad
psutoad
Community Member

I just created a subscription account for the first time, and made a different master password from my old one, because the old one was too short. Now, my original desktop app has a different password than my online master password. Can I still merge my old vault to the new subscription?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:merging accounts different master password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@psutoad: Yep! Sorry for the confusion there. Since you have already been using the standalone 1Password app with a local vault, that is the Master Password used to unlock the app currently. But that's no problem. You just need to follow these steps to migrate your data:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

At the end, once all of your data has been moved to your new 1Password.com account, you'll be asked if you want to remove the Primary (local) vault. If you say "yes", you'll use the Master Password for your account to unlock the app going forward, since that will become the first account/vault in the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• psutoad
    psutoad
    Community Member
    Options

It helps. It was pretty easy, all things considered. I’m not sure I am fully on board for what the new features do, but I will try to learn

Thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@psutoad: Sounds good. If you have any questions at all about it, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.