Dropbox|Windows Sync issue

Options

I’m unsure if this is in the right forum because per say this isn’t a windows problem.

I use Dropbox sync for 1Password. A few weeks back I added some new accounts on my windows 10 box. My wife trying to transfer some books to her system overloaded my Dropbox account and caused it to stop syncing. Once I noticed and rectified the situation everything seemingly ran fine.

The problem I discovered about a week ago is the accounts I created on that windows machine have all but one disappeared. I’m assuming a sync conflict of some kind,but unsure. Which would be ok because I could request password resets, but one of the accounts lost was the email account.

I use diceware phrases for the security questions, so unless I can recover the the lost information I’ll be locked out of the accounts permanently. They are financially in nature, but new so I can create new ones if necessary, but would prefer not to.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Fall update
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @rasp911: If you recall when these items disappeared, you can restore a backup from before they took their leave. I'd make sure to create a new one of your current vault in the process just in case you want to get back to your present state afterward.

Also, it's worth checking other devices syncing this vault -- do any of them have these missing items? Restoring a backup is a wholesale step back in time so if you're able to recover these items elsewhere, that can sometimes be a better bet. :+1:

Of course, if neither of these options find your missing items, let us know. May be we have a few more tricks up our sleeves we can try. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.