2 issues looking for answers

Just some background first. I am moving from MAC to PC. I have a license for 1Password 6 for my MAC and have been using the iOS apps for some time. My vault has been synced between all devices through Dropbox. I recently went to PC. I jumped though the hoops of signing up for a 1password.com account. First question, can I buy a licensed copy of 1password for PC, or has it moved entirely to a subscription service now?
Second question, which is the main issue, when I installed the app for Windows 10, I imported my vault from Dropbox, however when I make a change on Windows 10 that changed is not reflected in my other devices. The change is represented on the 1password.com website however. So it seems that the vault that was imported into Win 10 and is showing the same changes on the website, but it does not appear to be changing the dropbox file. How do I fix this so that changes I make in Win 10 will be reflected on my old MAC and iOS devices, which are syncing to the correct folder in dropbox?

Thanks,
Gene

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017

Hey @genebofunk!

can I buy a licensed copy of 1password for PC, or has it moved entirely to a subscription service now?

1Password 4 for Windows is no longer being sold and 1Password 6 for Windows is only available with a 1Password membership, so for right now, you'll need a 1Password membership to use 1Password on Windows. We're currently working on 1Password 7 for Windows, which will support standalone vaults and you will be able to buy a license for it. That said, 1Password 7 will also be included with your 1Password membership, so now is really a great time to give a membership a try and see what you think. If it's not for you, you can switch back when 1Password 7 is ready to go, but in the meantime you can test out sharing with your family, Travel Mode, Item History and all the other cool stuff memberships have to offer. :+1:

How do I fix this so that changes I make in Win 10 will be reflected on my old MAC and iOS devices, which are syncing to the correct folder in dropbox?

You'll need to set up your other devices to use your 1Password.com account. After that, they'll sync automatically. No Dropbox or other setup required.

Of course, if you have any questions along the way, we're here for you. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.